Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Shshhh tweets beneath the sheets

Can I just say Blogging from bed on my blackberry playbook makes me feel like a bad girl. On the subject of my coming out of the crafty closet I have the following to report. Today I discovered some shimmery silver/black fabric in my stash, which I bought for fifty cents at a thrift store. So I whipped out my "knit witt" and wrapped up a few gorgeous hand made flowers.


Here you see more of the same flowers using another fabric found at my local thrift store. Awesome!


 Then while on a roll I sorted buttons - a gazzundred, from a thrift store for a stupid low.50 per baby food jar full, until my eyes felt like thin slits. Nothing a stiff green tea with fresh mint and tangerine infusion couldn't cure.

(Watch for a picture of my plethora of beautifully sorted buttons!)

Refreshed, I slipped a handful of beads onto corsage pins and once happy with the look, adhered them with glossy accents. The beads of course purchased at a garage sale.

(Pics to be posted once they are received by my sweet Free Spirit Swap Sister.. shhh surprises.)


 It feels so good to reveal the terrible truth. I - am - thrifty! There I said it!







No comments:

Post a Comment