Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Captured Fairy by Josie Hancock

Josie Hancock - my swap partner on Life on the Scrap{beach}, made two captured fairies for me, in the swap hosted by NiamhO. The fairy she chose is so sweet. She made a dangle charm with two little fairies, Green fringe topper with a yellow flower on top. The jar contains shells, flowers, feathers and moss. Lovely choices. There's a large floral patterned bow wrapped around the outside of this plastic jar/bottle. She decorated the lid I believe and then placed the jar overtop. So the lid is on the bottom. There's a sequin trim along the bottom of the jar and she's adhered some paper to the back of the jar making it a dim scene.  This is Josie's first attempt at a captured fairy and I think she did quite well.



The second captured fairy Josie made for me is adorable. I'm head over heels for this one. It stands three inches tall and is topped by silk ivy leave (you can't see them well in this pic) and a few little white silk flowers. The bead perched atop is the part that got me. And on top of it a pony bead with a little metalic looking bead on the pinicale. She has tied ribbon to the "hinge" of the jar and hung a dangle charm from the latch. The fairy itself is metal and dangles from the inside of the lid. The "floor" of the jar is strewn with little silk flowers and bits of ribbon. I spy a little green feather inside too. She's fun some stretch lace around the base of the jar. Ooops it's turned up in the pic. lol So this little captured fairy will find a home in my studio. So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment