Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Captured Fairy


My interpretation of a Captured Fairy, this is one of three I'm making. I'll choose one for a swap with my swap parther, Josie Hancock, hosted by NiamhO on Live on Life on the Scrap{beach}.
I used a glass jar with a stopper and have not adhered the stopper. I felt odd about sealing her in! I've kept mine quite simple using a few pink fairy bells, and similar white silks inside. She is perched on a silk peony flower. There is small piece of designer paper in pinks and white cut in a sweeping curve. Again I chose not to darken my jar. I like the effect of light on the image. I've covered the "floor" with pearl beads in pastel colours. The ribbon is a wonderful chartreuse satin which I received in my 6x6 mother's flower garden swap, previously posted. I used the same ribbon to bind that mini. I topped it off with a sweep of fusia silk florals. You can not tell in the light but in the dark the edges of all the flowers and the highlighted parts on my fairy as well as some of the beads glow! I painted them with glow in the dark paint.
I have still got a few days before the deadline for this swap so I will add a floral top, one of my signature dangle charm/key chains, a small bag of treasures and a tag with a verse - yet to be decided, before it's finished. I might just keep this one. ~@@:0}

1 comment: