Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dress Form - Steampunk


Above shows some of my hand made flowers. I've used a very stiff organzaish fabric. Very difficult to work but the results are worth the effort.


For this dress form I traced a Maya Road dress form onto My Mind's Eye Wild .asparagus "Our Family" floral cardstock. This cardstock is so rigid that when I glued one section to another the result was like light to medium weight chipboard. No need for a centre dress form to mount it on, although I did make on from chipboard. I punched holes in the "frills" to accomodate the jump rings from which the nangles hang. You can see I've used a length of chain with tiny metal and enamel beads hanging from it. I've placed two metal flowers back to back. These have open petals so were perfect for anchoring the chain on. A metal button, a bird charm hung from a found metal piece, some Tim Holtz gears and a metal frame as well as a metal bird cage and this baby's well on it's way to Steampunk. I have placed a metal Tim Holtz picture mount stick pin into the hand made flowers I've adnered to the base of the candle stick, for a tag - yet to be created. I will find a G45 tag in my stash, which fits with this project and mount it there.
Some lucky Swappin' sister is going to receive this with her box!

1 comment: