Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Dress Form - 12 Days of Christmas FCSS Swap 2012 Day Eleven

 Dress form - I altered a candle stick with a base coat of gesso, then prettied it up with muslin, pink lemonade and village green acrylic paints. I used a sealant after the paint was dry. The dress form itself is hand cut by using a Maya Road dress form mini as a template and cutting multiples out of DCWV "The Garden Tea Party Stack" - I love that paper! I found it necessary to ink it up a lot changing the "base" colour more soft and pink.

The "vines" were from a wreath I found while thrifting. Stick pin and flowers from my stash. The little card is from a digital image from Misty's Shabbybeautifulscrapbooking printables.

Oh haha I also used some bead end caps which I flattened and glued on either side of the bottom edges of alternate "flutes" of the dress form (using E6000) to provide a place from which to hang the dangle pearls I made. They were exactly as you see them, but on gold wire. Shirley Stark does NOT like gold lolz, so I remade them on silver wire and jumps. See how much I love you Shirley? Anyway, I loved making this dress form. I found my inner Shabby Chicness with this one hun. I am now officially a convert and in fact obsessed with Shabby Chic!

The pic taken before I was finished the little pearl dangles when the dress form is standing. So FUN!
                                                     

2 comments:

  1. It looks awesome Cathy, such talent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy u are amazing. I love that u totally researched my likes and dislikes. That makes my heart smile. The dressform is gorjuss ladies. She is standing proud in my craft space. Love u Cathy. Hugs sister.

    ReplyDelete