Sunday, April 27, 2014

Altered Cigar Box - FSSS How Does Your Garden Grow April 2014






This is a little cigar box I've altered for the Spring Swap over on FSSS.

"How Does Your Garden Grow"

I crackle finished the box which originally had basket weave insets where the Prima Fairy Belle Paper Panels now are. 
Then I created a little shadow box from card stock and adhered it to the lid. Cute eh? I fussy cut flowers and butterflies from the same paper pack and then added a little gorgeous girl on a log on top. In the original image there is only one chick but I created two more just because they are cute. She is thinking about the question "How does your garden grow". I went in with some water colour and kicked up the colours a bit. She also has vellum wings. I've applied some light antique white and gesso combo to the edges of the paper. I used an MS edge punch along the outer edges for the box frame. The box is filled with hand made flowers both fabric and paper. I've placed flat back pearls at intervals along the punched edge since these pics. LOVE!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment