Sunday, April 27, 2014

Terra Cotta Pot - Altered






This little creation using the Terra Cotta Pot Silhouette.com cut file and my Cameo is part of the requirements of the Spring Swap over on FSSS Facebook Group - Alter a flower pot. Since there are no flower pots available for purchase here in this two horse town until May, I resorted to building my own from terra cotta coloured card stock.

"How Does Your Garden Grow"

I cut the file using my Silhouette, then constructed it - two layers. Then I hot glued a circle inside so the "stuff" would not show through the hole in the bottom. I then hot glued some florist foam to the bottom once I cut it to fit using a kitchen bread knife. Then I inked some french novel paper using Tim Holtz distress inks in Vintage Photo, Frayed Burlap and Antique Linen. Then I used my fringe scissors to cut the strips, wadded them up and glued to the top of the foam. Then I took some eggs off of an easter spray and hot glued them in place. Then the bird. Next I used a couple of punches and created the flowers using Prima Fairy Bell paper pack. The flower centres are some DIY enamel dots I made from pony beads. I have a Youtube Vid showing how that's done. Then I took two long white wrapped florist wires and folded nearly in half leaving the long ends to wrap around the "stem".  I then cut the two resulting loops in varying lengths for stems. (I should have taken pics. I'll do another of these and do a tut on it.) I then attached just one more length of wire wrapping for a fifth stem. I inserted the wire stems into the foam and hot glued for stability. The flowers around the bottom edge of the pot are fussy cut from Prima Fairy Bell paper as well. Easy Peasy. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment